What is Life Insurance?
Life insurance can be a tricky topic to discuss, but it’s an important one. With the right type of life insurance, your spouse and children will be financially secure after you’re gone. You’ll never know when tragedy may strike, so make sure you have life insurance in place. It ensures that your loved ones are cared for if something happens.
Life insurance is needed for the “what ifs” in life. What if I die unexpectedly? Could my family continue to live in our home? Would my children have the funds to attend college? Will my family have the funds on-hand to pay for my funeral and final expenses? Life insurance is there to provide financial help to those affected by the “what if” situations.
Types of Life Insurance
There are two types of life insurance: whole life and term life. Your age, income and other factors specific to you help determine which type of and how much life insurance is appropriate for you.
Whole Life Insurance
- Provides coverage for your entire life
- Premiums never increase during ownership of your whole life policy
- Builds cash and loan value,
Term Life Insurance
- Provides coverage for a limited period of time (the term)
- At the end of the term, policyholders typically pay increased premiums to continue coverage
- Premiums are usually lower than whole life insurance